In this episode, Steve Fretzin and Jim Lundy discuss:
- Why you want to grow your own book of business.
- Balancing business development, marketing, client service, and the billable hour.
- Changes to the legal community because of the current pandemic.
- Giving and assisting with sincerity.
- The best way for a lawyer to be their own boss was to develop their own practice
- Treat your business development as important as the billable hour.
- View other lawyers as collaborators and as potential referral sources, not as competitors.
- We need to embrace the new reality and use the virtual opportunities that we have to continue to interact with our clients and potential clients.
“Whether you’re on your own as a solo, whether you’re in a small firm, or whether you’re in a large firm, I think you do have to view yourself as your own businessman.” — Jim Lundy
Connect with Jim Lundy:
Cell Phone: 708-557-9656
LinkedIn: Jim Lundy
Connect with Steve Fretzin:
LinkedIn: Steve Fretzin
Facebook: Fretzin, Inc.
YouTube: Steve Fretzin
Call Steve directly at 847-602-6911
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.