Notice of Right to Opt Out
If you are a California resident, you may opt out of the “sale” of your “personal information” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Opt-Out
The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) offers tools to provide consumers with choices as to whether participating third parties can use your information to provide targeted advertising. To opt out of sharing your information with such participating third parties for targeted advertising, please use the following tools:
- For websites: the DAA WebChoices Tool, available at https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN.
- For mobile applications: the DAA AppChoices Tool, available at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
If you are on the web, you can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings. Google may also participate in the DAA WebChoices Tool (above).
Facebook Ad Preferences
Facebook offers settings that may control what information Facebook uses about you or your device activity for advertising purposes. Login to Facebook and go to Settings > Ads > Ad Settings (web) or Ad Preferences > Ad Settings (app) for more information.
- The opt-outs described above are device and browser based. You must opt out on each device and each browser where you want your choice to apply.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. If you clear cookies, your opt-out will no longer be valid and you must opt out again where you want your choices to apply.
- LexBlog does not maintain or control the opt-out mechanisms and settings above and is not responsible for their operation.
- Exercising these choices does not prevent us from delivering contextual advertising, advertising based on to you based on data we have about you, conducting cross-device tracking for us to serve you first-party ads directly, or using information for non-targeted advertising purposes, such as attribution and analytics.
- We may also still share some personal information with our partners (who will function as our service providers in such instance) to help us perform functions such as measuring ad effectiveness, controlling how many times you see an ad, ad delivery, providing aggregate statistics and analytics, and/or reducing ad fraud.
- The above choices may not opt you out of the use of previously collected and shared information or all interest-based advertising (such as that conducted on other sites). To learn more about interest-based advertising, please visit the DAA https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN.